Thursday, August 20, 2009

OK, I'm back

Not too sure what happened...partly too busy, partly too frustrated with not being able to get the new camera's wonderful new photos to load, partly ?

Several folks have mentioned recently that they miss my "reports from the farm", which was some feedback I've really been missing. So keep in mind: I'm happy to put a lot of TLC into writing about my farm experiences for you. All I ask in return is LET ME KNOW YOU'RE READING THEM via a comment on the blog or an email to natalyalowther@hotmail.com.

I'm not going to try to catch you up on much that's happened in the last couple months, but just jump in piecemeal with new events.

I'll be taking the entire month of September off from my bus-driving job to catch up on things at the farm. So this coming month--when the weather will most likely be gorgeous--will be a great month to come visit. I'm hoping to renew old firendships and build new ones...my social life has been severely diminished by never being available in the evenings these past 3 years. Volunteers are great, but so is just hanging out and talking while I work on something. I'll be missing the social interaction of the bus job.

So, give a call (785-979-6786) or email or catch me at Farmer's Market, and plan a time to join me at the farm, or plan some fun excursion OFF the farm that isn't driving a bus.

Even if I'm "home" most the time, I may be hard to reach because...dare I say it?...I'm outstanding in my field!

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I subscribe & read (though I am a terrible commenter) & was actually wondering where you'd gotten to.

One piece of friendly advice: I wouldn't put your phone # on the blog - God only knows who'll start calling.

Hope you're doing OK. Where does time go? Can you believe it's been 4 years since we met?

Natalya said...

I appreciate your concern about the phone number. Since I use it for my business, it's fairly public anyhow (but little used anymore).

For reasons discussed in the next entry, I'm not too worried about inappropriate calls. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much an act of God if someone actually gets me and not the answering machine.

With the unfindable address, the dark spooky driveway (and moat, with all this rain), the Border Collies, the old tatooed hunchback housemate guy with wild gray hair, an erratic schedule, and the guardian llama, I feel pretty safe.

And just for good measure, I have Mom-voice and I'm used to wrassling 200-lb. sheep.

Blessings,
Natalya

Natalya said...

Oh, and the colony of wild bees halfway down the driveway, prominently marked by waving orange pennants and warning signs to remind people of their busy presence....

OK, I'm answering my own question about why not many folks come to visit any more....

N

Wandering Coyote said...

Wow - talk about Fort Knox! I'll be sure to call you first if I ever want to visit; I won't just show up on your doorstep!